Nicotine Nasal Spray is proved an effective method for heavily dependent smokers who failed to quit smoking by any other means because of its quick absorption of nicotine by the blood vessels that relieves cravings quickly. Want to know more about it?… Here is the information.
Nicotine Nasal Spray is a temporary aid that is used in smoking cessation. It is the strongest form of NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy).It helps in reducing nicotine cravings and in relieving from nicotine withdrawal symptoms.
It delivers nicotine through the nose. Once it is used, it is absorbed in the bloodstream quickly and reaches the brain within 10 minutes while other methods take much time. It is directly squirted into the nostrils and absorbed through the lining of the nose.
Advantages of Nicotine Nasal Spray:
- It is easy to use.
- Easy to control the doses
- It works more effectively than other products.
- If you follow the usage directions, you can easily quit smoking.
- It is proved beneficial to heavy smokers.
Disadvantages of Nicotine Nasal Spray:
- May cause severe side-effects
- Costlier than other products
- Allergy suffers can’t use this
- It is more addictive than other methods of NRT.
Mild and common side effects of Nicotine Nasal Spray that stay very short period of time are:
- Irritation of the nose and throat
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Nose bleeds
- Stomach pain
Serious side effects of Nicotine Nasal Spray:
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness of the chest
- Irregular heartbeats
- Swelling of the legs or feet
- Pains in joints and muscles
Symptoms of overdose of Nicotine Nasal Spray:
- Dizziness or fainting
- Changes in your vision or hearing
- Cold sweats
Important things to remember while using Nicotine Nasal Spray:
- Follow the usage instructions carefully as prescribed
- Maintain the prescribed time limit while using.
- If you have a nasal condition that worsening while using this medicine, consult your doctor.
- Avoid using any other forms of smoking and nicotine intake while using the nicotine nasal spray.
- If you are under 18 years old, talk to your doctor before using it.
- Do not use it more than 3 months without informing your doctor.
- Don’t use nicotine nasal spray if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding unless your doctor asks you to do so.
- In case of severity of its side-effects, immediately contact your doctor.
- Keep your nicotine nasal spray out of the reach of children and pets.
- If you are suffering from any of the below health problems or medical conditions, discuss with your doctor before using nicotine nasal spray.
â€¢ Nasal or sinus irritations or allergies
â€¢ Chronic nasal problems
â€¢ High blood pressure
â€¢ Heart diseases or problems
â€¢ Irregular heart beat
â€¢ Recent heart attack
â€¢ Liver problems
â€¢ Kidney problems
â€¢ Overactive thyroid
â€¢ Stomach ulcers
An Important NOTE:
- In case of any other medical conditions which are not mentioned above should be discussed with the doctor.
- While using the spray avoid sniffing, inhaling and swallowing through the nose to avoid nasal irritation.